I have always been a fan of elevated snacking. Yes you could have a boring bag of chips (don’t me wrong, I always appreciate a bag of chips now and then) but you could instead have fresh made popcorn with cheese and herbs and all made to the perfect proportion of your taste buds. It is this love for snacking that lead me to turn my sad old eggplant into something extraordinary. This dip does take some forethought in making, but once ready is sure to be enjoyed! Perfect for a party, the game, whatever occasion you may want something delicious!
- 1/2 roasted eggplant
- 1/2 can cannelloni beans
- 2 cloves garlic (ideally roasted)
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- crushed red pepper
- a squeeze of lemon juice
- Begin by roasting your eggplant, you only need half of a medium eggplant to make a sizeable amount of dip.
- Once roasted peel off the skin and take the half you will use.
- In a food processor combine the beans, eggplant, and garlic. And pulse until semi smooth. Add in the oil a tablespoon at a time until it becomes incorporated and smooth.
- Finish with a bit of salt and pepper to taste, you may need a bit more to season it up than with a normal dish. Add in about 1/2 a tablespoon of parsley and a few shakes of red pepper. Give one last squeeze of lemon to finish it all off and it is good to go!
- I enjoyed this with some fresh veggies or on top of salad!