This weekend brought on an impromptu trip to one of my favorite wineries, Plymouth Bay Wines. They have some of my favorite stuff, but two cranberry wines they have they playfully nickname the “pucker” and the “kiss”. After having some of these I was inspired to make a little drink recipe of my own. This is the perfect drink for the summer as it is light, refreshing, and sweet. It will also definitely make you pucker! You can add some adult liquid to this and make a delicious cocktail! Try this lime spritz with pineapple sage simple sugar!
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar (for a sweeter syrup use a whole cup)
- 3-5 leaves of pineapple sage (fresh is best)
- 1 fresh basil leaf
- Juice from 1 lime
- plain or raspberry lime seltzer
- In a pan, mix the sugar and water together and add in the herbs. Set to medium heat and bring to a low simmer
- Let simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring to fully incorporate the sugar.
- Juice 1 lime, I like a lot of pulp, but if you don’t, strain your juice.
- In a glass add in 4 ice cubes, 2.5 tablespoons of lime juice. Then add in 2 tablespoons of simple sugar. Pour the seltzer over the top until full.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and enjoy!