At first this was just going to be a breakfast I made for myself and didn’t post, but then I tasted it and I realized I needed to share this. Especially because it is SO easy. I don’t usually enjoy omelettes, but this is different, this is amazing! It’s light and airy, but is filled with cheesy goodness. Now that I know the basics of how to make this I will be experimenting further! This recipe was inspired by Bon Appetit Magazines instagram, so go check that out! They always post great things!
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup dill Havarti cheese (you could also use your favorite)
- 1 pad of butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Admittedly my omelette was 2 egg whites with one yolk, but that is because I had an extra egg white from a previous recipe, but you can do a one to one, or any combination if that’s what you have.
- In a bowl beat the egg whites until semi soft peaks form. This will take a few minutes with an electric whisk, and longer by hand.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks.
- Take a little bit of the fluffed egg whites and add to the beat yolks and gently fold in. Once well incorporated add this mixture back to the overall egg white mixture. Gently fold until incorporated.
- In a skillet melt the butter on medium low heat. Once melted, pour in the mixture and smooth over the pan so it makes an even layer to the corners of the pan. Sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper.
- Let cook for a minute and then add in the shredded cheese, all over the omelette.
- Cover and let cook for 3-6 more minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Using a spatula go around the bottom of the pan, making sure it is not stuck to the bottom of the pan. Make a gentle crease in the middle and then fold over. Let cook for a few more minutes, then serve and enjoy! If you have some fresh dill or chives, sprinkle on top, but it’s so good!