It can be terribly easy to get set in your ways, believe me, I have been there. But sometimes it is important to expand past the normal standard and explore something new, it can pay off. That is what this recipe is, a departure from the norm, and a wild success of it. This Tuscan asparagus has light delicious flavors of lemon, acid, garlic, and everything else pleasant. It is aromatic as it cooks in the oven and you wont be able to wait to eat it. It also really easy and looks beautiful to serve. Try this when you buy your usual bunch of asparagus next time at the super market.
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 tomato
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or other oil)
- 1/2 Salt and pepper each
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 sprinkle parmesan cheese (optional if want to be vegan)
- Begin by thoroughly washing all of your vegetables.
- Slice the ends off of your asparagus and lay them in a roast pan.
- In a small bowl mix the salt, pepper, zest, juice, and oil.
- Pour over the asparagus and mix within the pan to evenly coat the asparagus, make sure all the garlic is distributed throughout the pan.
- Slice the tomato into 1/4 inch slices and lay on top of the asparagus.
- Cook at 375 for 20 minutes until tender.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and enjoy!