Sometimes I feel like I said I make something, and people get freaked out because it sounds complicated. BUT THIS IS NOT COMPLICATED! You utilize a crock pot and the rest is just assembly. I baked them into an oven and they reheated beautifully when I wanted to eat them later on. Try these because they are flavorful and delicious but will not take up your whole day to make!
- 3 country style beef ribs (bone out preferred)
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2-3 teaspoons sriracha sauce
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/4 cabbage finely diced or chopped
- egg roll wrappers (pre made)
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Begin by browning meat in a skillet.
- In a crock pot add all of the ingredients except the corn starch, cabbage, and egg rolls.
- Cook on high for 5-7 hours until the meat is easily shredded. Add in the cornstarch and stir to evenly disperse.
- Let the meat cool before continuing.
- Lay out the egg roll wrappers, towards the left hand side, leave 1 cm around all edges, add in a generous tablespoon of meat, next to it add a neat row of diced cabbage.
- Rub all of the edges with water, then fold the top and bottom edges over the meat. Then roll the whole things together. These can also be made in triangle form!
- Coat a baking sheet with a light layer of oil. Roll the egg rolls so there is a light bit of oil all over the egg roll, (this can also be done with a brush). Bake the egg rolls with the crease facing down, for 10-15 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Let cool on paper towels. An optional sauce is made with a little bit of mayo, sriracha, fresh cilantro, and rice wine vinegar. Really easy but tastes delicious!