I feel like today is the first day in a long time when I have no plans, no obligations, nothing but time. So of course in this free time that I have I decide to make a mess in the kitchen with some recipe testing. It has been too long since I made something original and I am happy I followed my instincts on this one. These are portobellos 2 ways. One is vegan and gluten free and the other, although slightly more indulgent, is still guilt free! Lots of flavor and super easy, these will be your new dinner favorite!
- Portobellos- 2
- 1/4 bunch of kale slice thin (or spinach/any leafy green)
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- shredded mozzarella
- slice tomato
- red wine vinegar
- Spices: minced garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, onion powder
- Begin by rinsing the portobellos and place them on a sprayed baking sheet. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and chopped garlic. Place into a 350 oven for 20 minutes.
- Cook the kale in a pan with a little onion powder, salt, and pepper. cook until wilted.
- Once everything is cooked this is when you can make either one of the versions.
- If you want the vegan version: Mix 2 spoons full of kale and 1 spoon full of quinoa with 1 splash red wine vinegar, garlic, red pepper, and a splash of lemon juice.
- Stuff into the mushroom and continue to cook for 10-15 minutes.
- If you want a more indulgent version. Mix 2 spoons full of kale with 1 spoon full of quinoa and a teaspoon of pesto. Stuff this into the mushroom cap and then top with shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake until the cheese is melty and gooey. Top with fresh tomato.
- Which ever way you want to eat it, you will enjoy it!