Remember that beet juice I told you to keep from the last recipe? Well now it is it’s time to shine! What we are going to do is turn that beautiful red beet juice into a flavorful syrup that can be added to lemonade, cocktails, and so many more wonderful things. Its complex taste and beautiful color make it something you will want to add to everything! This recipe is simple and delicious. I am going to tell you how to make the “beeting heart” lemonade, a take to work favorite!
- beet juice (from one can of beets ~8 oz)
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- lemonade (however you choose to make it is up to you)
- 1 splash lemon lime seltzer water
- Place the beet juice, cinnamon, sugar, and honey in a sauce pan.
- Let reduce for 10 minutes, continuously stirring, until it is a thin syrup.
- Pour into a mason jar for safe keeping and let cool before using in any drinks.
- To make the lemonade pour 1 tablespoon of syrup into a glass of lemonade and add a splash of the seltzer!
- This is also a delicious add in to green tea and base for a cocktail.
- So simple you will want to invest in many cans of beet juice!