If you are in the pinterest-phere you have seen this new trend of hasselback potatoes. They are the new dinner go to. This takes that and upgrades it to a healthier option and I think increases the flavor 10 fold. Try this for dinner and shake up your nightly routine!
- 1 large zucchini (a half per person)
- 2 slices provolone cheese
- 2 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/4 sliced onion
- 2 pieces of bacon
- Spices; dill, salt, pepper, paprika, chive, garlic powder
- sesame oil (optional but really adds a nutty aroma)
- Begin by slicing the ends off of the zucchini. Then make slices in the zucchini every 1/2 a centimeter. You want the slices to almost go through but stop just short.
- In between each slice stuff a piece of onion.
- Then a little piece of bacon.
- Then add all the spices all over. *I am leaving the judgement of how much spices to use up to you! If you don’t like dill, don’t use a lot! Or just keep it to salt and pepper!*
- Smooth cream cheese over the top of the zucchini and then lay the cheese over that.
- Place in a piece of tin foil, and fold the tin foil over to make a little tent pocket for the zucchini.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes until tender.
Sorry for the not awesome picture, it smelled so good, I couldn’t wait and take pictures