Can you believe this cold weather? Me either, as a matter of fact I hate it. So in an effort to beat the cold weather, last night I made soup. A real stick to your ribs and fill you up bisque kind of soup. It was really easy and especially filling. If you want a quick soup thats perfect to warm you up on a cold night, give this a go.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 a large onion
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme (or dried)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 pieces of bacon
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups water (potentially more)
- 1 chicken bouillon cube (or veggie)
- salt and pepper
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- Peel the potatoes and dice into 1/2 inch pieces. Slice the onions the same.
- Coat lightly in oil, salt, and pepper. Then roast for 20 minutes at 400 degrees until tender.
- In a sauce pan, sauté the chopped garlic and bacon. When fragrant and the garlic is golden, add the other vegetables, the water, and the bouillon cube.
- Bring to a boil and let the vegetables break down, adding more water if necessary. Blend the mixture.
- Then add in the milk and whisk it into the puree. Adding more water and milk as necessary to get the consistency you desire. Add the thyme, salt, pepper, and hot sauce. And let this simmer for 20 minutes until fragrant.
- Then eat and enjoy!!