I love pintrest, it is great to come up with new and different ideas. The problem is sometimes people post recipes that don’t actually work when you try to make them. But as I was scanning pintrest I kept seeing these recipes for “healthy” cookie dough. In my mind this reads as “too good to be true”, but it kept coming up so I thought I would give it a go. Well, I must say I was pleasantly surprised. More than just pleasantly surprised, I was amazed. It has one special ingredient that I now consider a miracle food. This will satisfy your cookie dough cravings without having you feel guilty about it!
- 1 cup canned chickpeas
- 1/2 a banana
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Begin by roasting the drained and washed chickpeas. Lay them flat on a cookie sheet and toast in a 400 oven until they are golden and dry to the touch, about 15 minutes.
- Using a food processor or blender, puree the chickpeas. Then add the peanut butter, banana, cinnamon, vanilla, and salt. Pulse to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chip pieces with a spatula.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before rolling them into balls.
- Eat and enjoy the guilt free sweet treat!
- Store in the fridge or freezer!