A lot of times my new, and often most unique, recipes come from change encounters. This chance encounter happened because I went grocery shopping hungry and baguettes were on sale. This recipe is the perfect bite, therefore a perfect appetizer. It combines crunchy of the baguette, tangy-ness of the lemon chicken, and cool freshness of the cucumber yogurt sauce. It will be very well received at whatever event you bring this too.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 slices of fresh lemon
- 1 chicken boillion cube
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 sprinkle red pepper flakes
- 1 sprinkle pepper
- 1 baguette
Cucumber Yogurt Sauce:
- 1/2 a cucumber
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt (greek or original)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon mint
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 3 splashes hot sauce
- I made the chicken in a crock pot so I could do other things during the day. Place the chicken and all the ingredients listed in that section in a crock pot. And lay the sliced lemon on top of the chicken.
- Cook for 6 hours on high and shred the chicken when it is done.
- Then in a food processor, pulse the cucumber, yogurt, and all those ingredients
- Slice the baguette into thin slices, brush with oil, and bake at 350 until golden and crunchy.
- Layer the chicken on (best when hot), then drizzle in the yogurt sauce, and ENJOY!
- It tastes best when the bread and chicken is hot but the yogurt sauce is cool.