Something I really love is when you roll over in the morning, especially a Saturday morning, and there are big white fluffy clumps falling from the sky and you have the lovely realization that you have no reason to leave the house. Ahhh, thats the best. Since I have decided to be a hermit for the day, I might as well good something delicious. And what goes better with a cold winters day then a big bowl of chili?? This is a different kind of chili, a white chili, with turkey. Its really good and just warms you right up! Make one pot and eat well all week.
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 2 green peppers, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 lb cooked turkey (any part, just no bones)
- 1 can corn
- 1 can white beans (I used small navy beans)
- 1/2 can another white beans (I used roman beans)
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (1/2 a lime)
- hot sauce
- Salt and pepper
- chicken base or bouillon cubes
- In a big sauce pot, add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and heat to a medium low heat. Once that is hot, add in the onion, peppers, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and let slowly sweat for 15 minutes until tender and the onions are translucent.
- Drain off a little bit of the corn juice, then add to the pan. Wash the beans then add to the pan. Add all the spices, you may need to add more as you continue to cook, use your sense of smell and judgement to decide.
- Turn the heat up and add in 24 oz’s of water and 1 tablespoon chicken base. Bring to a boil.
- Add the cooked meat and continue to cook on high for 15 minutes. Add in the lime juice and hot sauce.
- Once the water has reduced a little bit, it ready to enjoy!
- Eat with some cheese or sour cream and enjoy the warmth on this cold day!!