Cleaning out the freezer can uncover some delicious finds. When we were cleaning out our freezer we found a bunch of blackberries that needed new homes… in my belly. I went and made a quick dessert to watch with the Patriots game and not going to take credit for their win… but I am pretty sure they were motivated by the deliciousness. Motivate others with this super easy dessert.
- 2 lbs Blackberries (frozen or fresh) (but less can be used!!)
- 1/4-1/2 cup sugar
- 1 splash lemon juice
- 1 splash orange juice
- Bisquick mix or what you need for pancakes, follow the recipe here
- whipped cream
- vanilla ice cream
- In a pot begin cooking the berries down on medium high heat with the sugar and juices. The berries are going to create a lot of juice but continue to cook it down until the juice is less than half its original start. The juice will also be thicker now too.
- While this is cooking make the pancake batter and set aside.
- Once the berries are done, pour into a glass pan. Add the pancake batter to the top and cook at 350 until the batter is golden and firm to the touch. About 20-30 minutes.
- Eat with loads of ice cream and whipped cream. YUM.
- I also suggest adding in some rosemary to the mix to add some flavor and and take away some of the bitterness of the berries.