Finally we have some snow! At least in southern Connecticut we are getting some. And since its a lazy Saturday already, it only seemed to fitting for todays theme to have a luscious cup of hot chocolate. This hot chocolate isn’t from a package though, it’s all homemade. Its a combination of dark chocolate and spices to give a rich robust flavor. Its not your typical sweet cup of hot chocolate but its perfect for a stormy day to keep you warm and toasty.
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 large pieces of dark chocolate (I used 80% lindt dark chocolate)
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes (really just a pinch)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cinnamon stick
- In a sauce pan, set the water and milk to simmer.
- Add in the chocolate and everything else.
- Continually whisk the mixture until hot.
- Strain the mixture to get out the cinnamon stick.
- I like to add a marshmallow on top!
- Enjoy on a snowy day!