Football season is underway as well as is the holiday season. Pair those together and that also makes it dip season! Dips are great for parties, football games, girls nights, and when you just need a pick me up. Another great thing about dip is there are so many types and options and they are all incredibly versatile. Todays dip is a totally homemade spinach and artichoke dip. Everything was from scratch and that makes a world of difference. Pair this with homemade bagel chips, and you have one hell of a good snack! Plus, this recipe has low fat components and lots of veggies so it is mostly guilt free!
- 4 cooked artichokes (or just the hearts)
- 1 package of spinach (or canned)
- 1/4 of a white onion chopped
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 package cream cheese
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- sprinkle mozzarella cheese
- a few pinches montreal steak seasoning
- 2 bagels (stale is best)
- pan spray
- Set your oven to 350.
- Begin with the bagel chips. Slice them 1/2 centimeter thick, lay flat on a cookie sheet and spray with pan spray. Then place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- I used fresh cooked artichokes as opposed to canned artichokes. To do this you have to scrape away the heart from the whole artichoke. Its a little labor, but great results. Be sure to get any choke into the mixture.
- In a pan, add some oil and sauté the garlic and onion until transparent. Then add in your spinach. Once wilted add the artichoke. Let cook for a few mintues
- Add in your cottage cheese and continue to stir and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Pour mixture into a oven safe dish, add in the cream cheese, and stir until even.
- Then sprinkle on the grated cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes until bubbly and the cheese is golden brown.
- Serve with your bagel chips and enjoy!