Although I already have a recipe for shepherds pie, this is the new and improved version. Give this new version a try!!
- 1 pound ground beef
- smashed potatoes (6-8 potatoes worth)
- 1 can corn
- 1/2 a large onion
- 1/4 green bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- salt and pepper
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1/2 package french onion soup mix
- 2 bay leaves
- Begin by sautéing the garlic, onion, and pepper. Once translucent add in the beef and cook until brown.
- Once brown add in parsley, bay leaf, onion soup mix, and corn.
- Continue cooking for 15 minutes. There will be excess liquid in the pan and you want to make sure that is cooked off, when that is the meat is ready.
- In a casserole pan with deep walls pour in the meat mixture.
- Then using the smashed potatoes in the recipe provided above, layer that on top of the meat. You want about a inch layer of potatoes, over the meat.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese over the top and place in a 350 oven to bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Then serve and enjoy!!
Some bonus food pics from the dinner as well