Looking for a zing to get your morning off to productive start? This unique (I can guarantee no other food blog would dream of this one) zucchini cake breakfast recipe is so packed with protein and vegetables that it’ll leave you feeling energized and ready to take on the day.
- 1 zucchini
- 1 egg
- 1 slice bacon (can you really only have one slice though?)
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon chive
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch garlic
- 1 pinch basil
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
How To (Zucchini Cake):
- Begin by shredding the zucchini, either by hand or with a food processor.
- Place it in a strainer and add salt to draw out the moisture. Collect the liquid in a bowl and set aside. Make sure most of the liquid is out of the zucchini before proceeding.
- Put zucchini in a large bowl and add garlic, pepper, parsley, flour and baking powder. Mix well.
- Place on a well greased baking pan and make one even layer.
- Cook this at 350 for about 30 minutes until golden and fully cooked.
How To (Green Machine Sauce):
- Member that bowl of liquid we drained off? Pour that into a pan and get it to a low boil.
- Once reduced, add some pepper, very little garlic, and basil.
- Once it begins to get a little thicker, add the butter
- Once butter has melted, add the lemon juice.
How To (Assembly):
- Start with the zucchini cake on the bottom
- Add slices of fresh tomato.
- Pile on an egg and bacon.
- Top it off with Green Machine sauce and drizzle with some chives.