We’ve all seen enough rom-coms and read enough novels to know that looks aren’t everything…often more trouble than they’re worth. So why are we chucking our fruits the minute they show a little age? The bananas I used in this recipe were completely brown, but that only meant they were extra sweet and easily mashed.
This banana bread has a perfectly moist center, cased in a crunchy sweet crust. For a unique flavor twist, I chose to compliment the strong banana flavor with chunks of Lindt’s dark chocolate with red pepper flakes; an unexpected palate delight!
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 beat egg
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 pieces Lindt dark chocolate with red pepper flakes (or normal dark chocolate)
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350
- Mash bananas in a bowl.
- Add melted butter to bananas and mix.
- Add egg, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, and baking soda. Mix well.
- Add the sugar and flour. Once it is thoroughly mixed, fold in dark chocolate chunks.
- In a well greased loaf pan, pour in the batter.
- Cook for 1 hour, or until an inserted knife comes away clean.
- Allow to cool completely on rack.