It has seem to become that the only time I have to make something delicious is breakfast on the weekends. Since I used to not like eggs and have barely made them, there is a lot of room for experimentation. This recipe has a good amount of heat but a great amount of flavor. Its basically a deconstructed huevos rancheros that anyone could surely enjoy. So start your morning right and with a little bit of spice!!
- 1 Jalapeño pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup kidney beans (or any bean)
- 1 sprinkle cumin
- 1/2 an avocado
- collard greens (optional)
- So the first time I made the fried jalapeños I just put a little oil in the pan and fried them up for a few minutes and that was fine, but the second time I did it I almost killed me and my roommate trying to do this, so this is the way I would do it if you don’t know just how hot your peppers are:
- Slice up the jalapeños then in a pan cover the peppers in water and cook the jalapenos in water until the water evaporates and then add a little bit of oil and finish frying them off.
- I fried my egg but left the yoke runny
- Heat up the beans with a bit of cumin
- Then layer the beans, sliced avocado, fried jalapenos, egg, and cheese