Marathon Day is two days away!!! GAH and I recently found out my iron was low, so I decided it was time to try and take on steak. Usually I just leave this to my dad or a restaurant but enough was enough! I am a strong woman and cook and I can cook a damn steak! And cook a damn good steak is exactly what I did! This wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be and paired with some sautéed spinach and smashed potatoes you have an amazing dinner. Enough jabbering, heres how you make it!
- swiss center cut steak
- 2 small onions
- 2 ish tablespoons butter
- splash of oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- montreal steak seasoning
- Begin by putting your pan onto medium low heat and adding a splash of oil to the pan, and then your sliced onions.
- Let these cook for 5/10 minutes until just starting to get tender.
- Meanwhile, take out your steak and sprinkle a bit of montreal steak seasoning onto it and press it in lightly.
- Turn up the heat on the pan to medium high to sear both sides. Let the steak cook for 3 minutes on each side then lower the temp just a bit and continue to cook.
- Add in the butter and balsamic and cover continuing to cook for 10 minutes.
- Once everything looks glazed and saucy its all done!
- Put on top of smashed potatoes and enjoy!!