Upon waking up this morning and feeling like I plunged into the middle of the Artic, I took a moment to reminisce on the summer that is now definitely over. I remember the beach days and the sun, the warmth and the watermelon, and my personal favorite the s’mores. Thankfully through the magic of cooking, you can enjoy s’mores all year long! I made these s’mores bars for a crowd and they seemed to go over really well! They don’t need many ingredients and taste just slightly better then your average campfire s’more!
- 4 cups graham crackers
- 1 package marshmellows
- 8 chocolate bars (or a bag of chocolate chips)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- Using a food processor grind up your graham crackers until they are crumbs.
- In a large bowl mix together your crumbs, baking powder, melted butter, brown sugar, and eggs.
- You want the mixture to get really wet, so add the liquids in stages and try to saturate it as much as possible.
- Using a walled baking pan or glass pan, spray GENEROUSLY with cooking spray and layer in your graham cracker crust. Push the crust so it is compact and completely layering the pan.
- Then bake the crust at 375 for 10 minutes until golden brown
- Then layer on your chocolate and then your marshmallows. If you are using chocolate bars, crumble them up so they are in smaller chunks and similarly rip up the marshmallows as well.
- Bake in the oven for a few minutes until the marshmallows have just started to turn light golden.
- Now they may start to deflate and dissolve, in which case add a few more marshmallows and bake another few minutes, but this will happen because the marshmallows spread out.
- Let them cool completely and then cut with a sharp knife (its kind of sticky)
I repeat DO NOT MAKE THESE IN CUPCAKE TINS!! I learned my lesson. If you have absolutely NO other option, make them with cupcake wrappers, but they will make a serious mess and be a pain in the but if you forget to do this! But if you don’t listen to my advice and do it anyways and then have a big mess; pour boiling water into the muffin tins repeatedly and it will break down the bars 😉