At one time or another, everyone has experienced the annoying nuisance that is the fruit fly. If you haven’t, teach me your ways. If you have, you know exactly what I am talking about. Well, as our apartment was filling with these pests, I realized it was time to use up my browning bananas. Normally I would make my breakfast bars, but I was lacking all of the major ingredients to make it. So instead I tried this new recipe: banana bark. Now this recipe actually has much more bite than bark, so the title is a bit misleading. The end product of this recipe is a soft, almost cake-like consistency. It is perfect for an on-the-go breakfast or a mid-afternoon sweet! It’s really easy, uses only 4 ingredients, and will be a great way to use up your dead bananas!
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 cups Rice Crispies
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 heaping tablespoon peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a bowl, mash up the bananas..
- Stir in Rice Crispies one cup at a time, mixing well to incorporate them each time.
- Add peanut butter and cinnamon and mix well.
- Spray a pan with cooking spray and pour in mixture.
- Make one even layer and bake for 30-40 minutes, until the bars are dark brown in color and the edges are crispy.
- Store in the refrigerator!