When I bought a package of spring roll wrappers, I didn’t really know what to make with them. Today walking home I realized I had cucumbers going bad in my fridge and had been given some fresh dill recently. So why not wrap that up in a spring roll wrapper? But the more important question: what would I dip it in?? Well, bacon and dill smelled great together so I figured “why not?” Add it to a tangy, cool base and well, lets just say it worked! Spring rolls are so easy to make, and I boosted the filling power by adding quinoa!
- 1/2 cup of quinoa (may vary depending on how much you fill them)
- 1 small cucumber
- A few sprigs of dill
- Sour cream
- Red wine vinegar
- 2 strips of bacon
- Begin by cooking your quinoa and bacon. Follow the directions on the package for the quinoa and cook the bacon until very crispy (but not burnt).
- Crumble your bacon and place into 1 tablespoon of sour cream. Add a splash, and I do mean a tiny splash, of red wine vinegar and mix. Set aside.
- Soak the spring roll wrappers in warm water for 20 seconds until soft, then lay flat on a wet paper towel. Fill with julienned cucumber and dill, then a bit of quinoa.
- Wrap the spring rolls up tightly and enjoy with the dipping sauce!