When my parents moved me into my new apartment, they of course provided me with some food so they knew I wouldn’t starve. One of the things my mom included was short ribs. I have had her short rubs, but I have never attempted to make it for myself. But with less than a month until I am moving, it was time to begin working through my freezer. This is simple set and forget crock pot recipe. Its perfect for when you come home from work.
- 3 short ribs
- 1/2 an onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons honey
- lipton onion soup mix
- soy sauce
- handful of baby carrot/ chopped carrots
- Throw all the veggies into the base of the crock pot
- Add meat on top
- Add 1/3 package of onion soup mix and your honey.
- Add half a cup of water.
- If you are leaving it on all day while you are at work, set to low, if you want it to be ready in less time, set on high
- When the meat starts to shred up slightly/ pull away, it is done!