Most people eat veggies to be as healthy as possible. But a lot of people also skip out on eating veggies because they dont like the taste. Here is recipe so both of those types of people can be satisfied. It adds just a little bit of unhealthiness but not enough to take away from the fact that the base of the meal is veggies. Oh best yet, bacon is involved. This is a great, flavorful, and easy dish that incorporates collard greens (the new hit veggie, I guarantee it) and is great for lunches for the week!!
- collard greens
- pre cooked bacon
- white wine vinegar
- garlic powder
- salt pepper, red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet (the collards will take up a lot of space but cook down to nothing) heat up 1 tablespoon of oil. Use a bit more if you are neglecting the bacon.
- One the oil is just about hot add the bacon in and let cook for a few minutes, add your garlic in at this time as well.
- Then add in the collards
- Continuously move them around and they will start to become a darker green.
- Add in your salt and pepper and just a bit of red pepper flakes if you want.
- Continue to let it cook til it is all a dark shade of green
- Then for the last few minutes add a few drizzles of the vinegar. This will turn it a little brown but fear not!
- Eat and enjoy!!