Sometimes you don’t have all that much time to eat. With work and other activities you can find yourself running out of the house without your most important asset; breakfast. Eating a good breakfast can change the attitude of your whole day. When you start off with no or a bad breakfast you put yourself on the wrong foot. It is also proven (scientifically somewhere) that when you start your day with a sugary breakfast you will crave sugar for the rest of the day. So skip the added sugar and fill up on protein to fuel you through the day. Now this breakfast combines things you may not have considered using before. But it is good and I dont believe you will be disappointed if you try it. So lets talk about how to make it!
- navy beans (or any white bean will work)
- shredded cheese (optional)
- piece of bread (also optional, or make it into a sandwich)
- spices: garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper
- So begin by mushing up the beans, I used the back of a spoon. Once mushed add in a bit of garlic, salt, pepper, and the red pepper flakes (this will add some spice, and if you dont like that.. dont add it)
- Then slice an onion to make rings. You want a half inch thick ring and use the ring with the biggest diameter.
- Spray the pan with pan spray, then once hot add in the onion and add the beans to the center of the onion. So you are filling the middle and thus making like a bean cake that will be the base of the egg.
- Let that cook for a few minutes before adding the egg on top.
- The egg will not stay on top of the bean patty but thats when you break the yolk and engulf the bean patty in the egg. If you like your eggs cooked a certain other way, you do you!
- Lightly salt and pepper the egg. Then add a bit of cheese, if you want
- Top this onto a piece of toasted bread, or make it into a sandwich!
- I also suggest if you have it add some spinach on top, it will go great with the flavors off the egg and such 😀
- Happy eating!