I desperately want to try to start cooking Brazilian food, but I am moving out in a few days so I cant really buy ingredients I need to make it. I also decided while at haymarket I was going to buy 5 poblanos… Idk why but they were a dollar so like how could I not. So this recipe follows my crock pot recipe with using poblanos instead of red peppers and then combined with the total tortilla recipe. Its really easy and pretty fun!
- everything for the total tortilla recipe
- everything for the shredded chicken recipe (with poblanos instead)
- egg wash
- begin by cooking your chicken according to the directions here: https://ferrarafood.wordpress.com/2013/12/09/first-crockpot-recipe/
- then prepare your dough according to this recipe https://ferrarafood.wordpress.com/2012/12/21/the-total-tortilla/
- Then roll out your dough nice and thin, the thinner the better.
- Fill with the shredded chicken, then fold the dough over and make little dumplings.
- Then brush with egg wash and bake at 350 until golden, you want to flip over mid way and egg wash the other side since you are baking them and not frying you want to be able to get both sides golden.
- ENJOY!! Some delicious salsa helps 😀