Yeah, you read that right, this recipe is made with cheerios. Oh and its delicious, so just take a moment to accept that fact. Okay moving on. This recipe is fun and has a lot of intricate flavors that all create a lovely melody on your tongue. Even though it sounds kind of fancy it was pretty easy! Give this a try for your next dinner, and pleasantly surprise the ones you are serving.
- salt and pepper
- balsamic vinegar
- stick of mozzarella cheese
- just a very little bit of onion (optional though)
- First lets start with the reduction, pour some vinegar in the pan, cover the bottom of a sauce pan, but you dont really need that much.
- Bring it to a light boil and then lower the temp and let it reduce.
- Now for the eggplant.
- Begin by crushing up your cheerios, I used a coffee mug with the cheerios in a ziplock. Its okay to have some bigger pieces but try to get them as small as possible.
- Then add about 2 tablespoons of flour to this, depending on how much you intend on making.
- Add some salt and pepper to this mix as well.
- Now slice up for eggplant, you can leave the skins on. Salt these and let them sit for about 15 minutes, allowing some of the moisture to be drawn out.
- Beat an egg with a little bit of water added.
- Here comes the messy part, you are going to dip the eggplant in the egg, then into the batter. Make sure the eggplant is well coated.
- In a pan add just a bit of oil and once it is hot add your eggplant in.
- I cook these on medium for a bit but my reduction wasnt ready so I put them in the oven for a bit.
- Once everything is done, top your eggplant with diced tomatoes, chopped cheese, and then drizzle with the reduction and BAM. ENJOY the fabulousness 😀