So I don’t eat fish, and I certainly never cook it. BUT for recipe 200 I had to do something special, so why not take a chance and do something I’ve never ever done before! Im still trying to ease myself into the flavor of fish and if you are the same way, this is a good recipe for you. Its also really easy. So you can make this and impress whoever you are cooking for. Thank you for all of the support for the past 4 years and 200 recipes. It makes my heart happy that you are have all continuously supported me, thank you, truly from the bottom of my foodie heart ❤
- Can of clams
- garlic (cloves, lots of them)
- lemon juice
- grated cheese
- salt and pepper
- Start by melting about 2 tablespoons of butter and a tablespoon of oil in a pan. Slice up at least 4 gloves of garlic, I suggest more though, and about 1/2 an onion.
- once the butter is melted add the garlic and onions to the pan, you want this on a low to medium heat because you want to cook the garlic low and slow.
- stirring every once in a while let this cook until lightly golden brown and fragrant.
- Then open up a can of clams and pour it into the pan. All of it, juice included.
- Now add some basil and a little bit of parsley. Also add salt and pepper
- cook this on medium low heat, til about half the juice from the clams is gone. Continuously add salt,pepper, and spices to taste. If your liquid starts getting too low take some of the water from your cooking pasta and add it to the pan, this will help thin the sauce but also has starch in it to keep it together.
- When you pasta is cooked and your sauce is done put the pasta directly into the sauce to incorporate it.
- squeeze some lemon on it and let it cook all together for a few more minutes.
- top with grated cheese and enjoy!!