So yesterday I said keep in touch because I had potentially the best thing I had ever made cooking. Well that wasn’t so true. Don’t get me wrong, this dish is awesome and delicious and really good, but I had a vision of what it should be, and it wasn’t that. If you have ever been to Qdoba they make a mexican shredded pork that is super good. I wanted to recreate this and although I made something different thats equally good, I am determined to get it to the point I want. Which just means more recipes to come!! So this recipe is really easy and really good, but I am determined to get it to where I am happier 😀
- Can of salsa verde
- pork chop
- salt and pepper
- lime juice
- hot sauce
the proportions for this recipe is for 1 pork chop
- So in a crock pot put a sliced onion (is small use the whole thing, if larger use half)
- Salt and pepper the onions a bit then put your pork chop on top and season with cumin, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Then use a half a can of salsa verde and pour it on top.
- My pork chop was frozen when I put it in, which I do not recommend because it will make the meat tough, but if you do it anyways, cook for 6 hrs on high.
- 4-5 hours after you are going to want to use a fork and begin pulling apart the meat. Then let it continue to cook.
- Also add a bit of lime juice and hot sauce and then continue to cook.
- When it is all done and tender serve over some rice and beans and you are good to go!!
- Enjoy! This is really yummy 😀