Now if you don’t like pickles, the title is instantly going to repulse you. BUT FEAR NOT!! This recipe is versatile, it was also made with mozzarella sticks and was delicious that way also. So even though you should be a pickle fan, you don’t have to be to try this recipe. So what a pickle pocket is. Basically its kind of like a fried pickle, but healthy. So it is dumpling dough wrapped around a pickle (or mozzarella stick). Its really easy, tastes awesome, and well dang its a fun new way to eat a pickle!!
- pickles (or mozzarella cheese sticks (or both))
- dried garlic, parsley, salt and pepper
- butter spray/ egg wash
- ranch (for dipping)
- So we begin by making our dumpling dough. This requires 1 cup of flour and 1/3 cup of water, also to make it flavorful add in a dash of the garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Knead this for about 5 minutes until all the dough is combined and in a ball. Let this sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Now you need to take a chunk of your dough and roll it out. I don’t own a rolling pin but anything with a round handle will do( like a wooden spoon). Try to get the dough as thin as possible without ripping it.
- If you are using pickles, dry the excess liquid with a paper towel before wrapping it up in the dough.
- Spray a baking sheet with non stick spray. And you can either egg wash your dough to make them more golden or I just sprayed them with some butter spray.
- Bake at a 350 oven for 10 minutes, then flip over and cook for another 5-10, until golden and the dough is cooked.
- Then dip in some ranch and prepare for the party in your mouth!!