I dont cook any kind of Asian cuisine… because I am really bad at it. But this week my roommate made homemade dumplings (probably like one of the best things Ive eaten) and I decided to be bold and give it a try! So for lunch I made a quick stir fry. What is great about stir fry is that it has all the components of a meal; protein, veggies, and grain. Its also easy and a great way to use up some rice you may have from the night before. This rice is a little bare in the protein and veggie portions but its still really good! So be bold! Try something you’ve never cooked before!
- rice (brown or white, precooked)
- egg, lightly beaten
- edamame (steamed and shelled)
- onion (chopped)
- sesame oil
- soy sauce
- you can add all sorts of fun things into this as well
- In a pan saute up your onion and garlic. Once those start to turn translucent add your edamame and continue to cook. Add some pepper
- Once those have cooked for a bit add your rice.
- Then to your beaten egg add about 2 tablespoons of soy sauce and a generous splash of sesame seed oil if you have it.
- Then cook it up until all the egg is cooked up 😀