So, the Patriots are not in the Super Bowl. Its a sad fact of life and upsetting to basically everyone in New England. BUT lets not forget that the Super Bowl is still happening and its a fabulous excuse to stuff your face with lots of dips, wings, and basically all those fabulous foods we usually avoid. Now if your hosting a Super Bowl party it can be kind of stressful because you are trying to make 100 different kinds of things at once. This recipe is great for you because you can throw it in the crock pot and just let it be. Its also not totally awful for you, which is a blessing among the fried foods. So strap on your game day jerseys and stretchy pants and enjoy the real american pastime; eating!
- 1 can spinach/ box frozen spinach
- one block cream cheese (low fat)
- garlic powder
- one container cottage cheese
- parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- onions and garlic
- If you are using canned spinach, let the excess water drain and if you are using frozen spinach let it defrost.
- In a saute pan chop up some onion and place into a pan of melted butter, then add some dried garlic in and cook until onion in translucent. This adds lots of flavor to the dip, you dont need to do this, but it helps
- In a crock pot, add your cream cheese, 3/4 container of cottage cheese, and spinach. Then pour your butter garlic onion mix on top.
- If you dont have much time set it on high, if you do let it cook on low for the day. Add lots of salt and pepper and a bit more garlic.
- Also add about 2 tablespoons of parmesan cheese
- And thats it folks 😀 nice and easy!
UPDATE: can also be made in the microwave 😀