Sometimes recipes are based off of convenience. This is one of those. It also made 10 minutes to make, so YAY. I happened to have opened a can of tomatoes and then didn’t use it so I needed to do something. I make tomato sauce all the time, that was not enough, it needed to have a new element. So this is creamy tomato sauce 😀 It is yummy and different and so easy. Shake up your pasta night 😀
- can of tomatoes
- sour cream
- salt and pepper
- put some oil in a pan, and sauté up some garlic.
- Once that is fragrant add your can of tomatoes then basil and salt and pepper
- Let this cook for about 5 minutes then you want to blend it somehow, whether this be a handled blender or food processor.
- Put this back in the pan and add 2 teaspoons of sour cream, blending to make this creamy.
- This sauce was pretty acidic so I added some sugar to mute that bitter taste.
- Serve with pasta and you are done 😀