Well, I dont know about you guys, but I am REALLY excited about this. So my gracious grandma gave me her lovely gently used crockpot and now I am just curious on how to use it. So today I was home sick and figured nows a good as time as any to see what I can make. Also today was nasty so to be able to eat something that was warm and filled the house with good smells was great! This was really easy, which I guess is the point of a crockpot… But this is shredded chicken tacos/ chicken fajitas and they’re so flavorful and just a really happy meal!!
- 3 boneless chicken breasts
- 2 peppers (I had one yellow and one orange)
- one onion
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- hot sauce
- tortilla, beans, cheese, lettuce and what ever other toppings you want
- Get your crock pot out.
- Slice up your onion and peppers, do these slightly thicker because they will disintegrate if you slice them too thin.
- lay your onions down, then peppers, add a VERY little amount of oil and then lay your chicken on top.
- throw some salt and pepper on top, your garlic powder, and cumin. Be generous with the last two.
- Since I started a little later, I cooked it for 2 hours on high and then 4 on low, but if you start it before work you could leave it on low the whole time.
- It should be easy to pull it apart towards the end of the cooking process. Towards the end is when I added a few dashes of hot sauce. Dont worry it wont make it more spicy, mostly adds a nice flavor.
- Then eat it with whatever you want and however you want. These are great!!