Okay, this is all nuts, so if you have a nut allergy AVOID THIS, if not ENJOY THIS! This recipe is super simple and you likely already have the ingredients. Best part is it is fabulous hot/cold/even room temperature works! You can make it the night before and bring it for lunch the next day! It also won’t heat up your kitchen very much which is fabulous during this current heat wave. This is also great for picnics or something you have to bring a lot of something to, its just so easy.
- peanut butter (creamy is better than chunky but use what you have)
- soy sauce
- hot sauce
- dried garlic
- sugar (brown or white is fine)
- vinegar (white/ rice is best but I used red wine and it was fine)
- spagetti (or lo mien if you can get it)
- Put your water on to boil and cook pasta as directed on box
- In a mixing bowl place a tablespoon of peanut butter and then about 2 tea spoons of oil, mix until incorporated. (this is for one portion, increase as necessary)
- then add in a few generous shakes of garlic, 1 teaspoon should be sufficient, especially if you let it sit before you eat it.
- add a shake of salt and pepper, and just a splash of vinegar. Then a 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- now add in a few generous splashes of hot sauce, especially if you like some kick to it, even if you don’t it is important to add just a bit for flavor. Add at least a half tablespoon of soy sauce to this, and mix well. It will likely look pasty.
- Add a bit of the starchy water you cooked your pasta in to it and it will loosen up. Now even if your going to eat this cold you want to mix it while the pasta is hot so it will incorporate and clingy properly.
- Its as simple as that folks 😀