After a hot summer day on the beach you don’t want to come home and eat a heavy hot meal. All you want is cool light meals, the problem is most of these meals aren’t very filling. So you’ll eat something and 2 hrs eat something again. This recipe incorporates light fresh vegetables and protein to make a light meal that won’t weigh you down but still fills you up. This also is a gluten free recipe. I am going to give you the recipe for my ideal taco, but whatever you have at home will be sufficient if you want to change it up. This recipe fills you up without weighing you down!
- lettuce- romaine works best because it naturally has a “taco” shape, but other lettuces cut right could also suffice
- fresh tomato
- fresh onion
- protein- I used refried beans but if you have steak or chicken left over use it!
- shredded cheese
- hot sauce (optional)
- salsa/sauce (I used the packets you get a taco bell, verryyy useful)
- fresh cilantro (optional)
- so prepare your lettuce into little taco shells, with romaine this means slicing in half and a wash
- so use the microwave to heat up your beans putting whatever sauce your going to use in with it, you want your protein to kind of sop up the liquid so it won’t be too messy
- meanwhile dice up your tomato and onion. Then slice up your radishes
- so layer on your beans then all your veggies, and top with hot sauce and cheese
- then enjoy!