So this is not a per say edible recipe, as a matter of fact I highly recommend you do not eat it, but this is a recipe none the less, so it gets to appear on the blog 😀 I absolutely love my curly hair but do not be fooled, it needs taming at least 5 days a week, it usually will take pity and pretend to look good at least once in a while. While it is summer the salt water of my beautiful ocean does the trick and gives me the most beautiful healthy curls, but while I’m at school I need a decent substitute. I enjoy making home made sugar scrubs and one day I figured I’d try my hand at making a hair spray, I didn’t want to pay the 10 dollars to get something full of chemicals. It was a lot easier than I thought and works wonders. It also smells amazing. It will be just what you need to enhance your curls or give yourself some beachy waves.
- about 1 teaspoon aloe vera gel
- about 1 teaspoon of your favorite conditioner (this is what your spray will smell the most like)
- bag of green tea
- spray bottle (its best if it mists and isn’t like a jet)
- begin by steeping a bag of green tea in 2 tablespoons of water at least, you want it to be very concentrated
- while still warm, add about a teaspoon of salt
- in your spray bottle add the aloe and conditioner
- then the tea mixture
- and fill the rest with water
- shake well typically before each use
- I love this stuff, if it makes your hair feel too greasy cut everything in half and use more water 😀
sorry, I don’t post pictures of myself on the blog but those of you who knowme can either remember what my hair looks like or stalk me on Facebook 😀 but heres a beach to hold you over!