I miss steak, like really miss steak. The only way I get steak now is to if I go out, but still no body makes steak better than my dad. When I am privileged enough to get him to cook me steak the way I want it is with these sautéed mushrooms and onions that words can’t even describe. So when I was strolling through hay market and saw all these mushrooms I decided I need to buy some. Alas, I didn’t have any steak to go with them, just chicken, but the mushrooms and onions amplified the chicken to a new level and will make it completely satisfying. So although this wasn’t at all close to dads recipe, was still good enough for my dorm kitchen.
- mushrooms (you don’t need baby bellos, but they are good)
- white onion
- chicken (I used tenders)
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- first in the pan place a dollop of olive oil and then add the garlic allowing it to cook until it makes a nice perfume and is lightly golden brown.
- then slice up the mushrooms and onions makes sure they are uniform.
- add the mushrooms first and allow them to cook for a few minutes before adding the onions. stirring occasionally let these cook until tender.
- you can cook the chicken in the pan or baked in the oven. Either way, douse in lemon and sprinkle with italian herbs and cook thoroughly.
- once everything is done, place the chicken in the pan (if it wasn’t before) and finish everything with a bit of butter.
- then eat!! mushrooms and onions are a fabulous combination that should be eaten regularly 😉