When you buy a cauliflower, you can’t really use it all in one place, it gets kind of old fast. So I needed to think of different ideas for what to do with all this cauliflower. Well the only time my mom ever got my family to eat cauliflower was when she made it au gratin, so I spun off that and made mashed cheesy “potatoes”. These taste just like mashed potatoes, but are 3 times healthier for you. This is the perfect side for any dinner.
- pepper and salt
- shredded cheddar
- In a food processor, blend the cauliflower until it is small pellets
- In a pan place a bit of oil olive and golden up some garlic, just a bit, the cauliflower really needs the flavor
- then place the cauliflower in. Letting it cook and adding splashes of milk periodically.
- this should take maybe 20 minutes to cook. Close to the end, just before your going to serve, sprinkle in some cheese (optional)
- then serve and viola! you can fool your kids, your family, your friends whoever with this secretly healthy side.