This creative play on words has more meaning than just me being puny. All I have seen on pintrest is these cauliflower bread stick things. Well not gonna lie, first time I tried it, it was not good. But I came back with a vengeance and with attempt number two, this recipe is now worth posting. This is a disclaimer, this pizza WILL NOT satisfy pizza cravings that usually develop around 1 am on friday or saturday. But if you want pizza on a wednesday but realize you probably shouldn’t really be eating that, this is the recipe for you. New year new you and this is a recipe to keep in mind when trying to stay healthy.
- minced garlic
- pizza toppings
- begin by putting the cauliflower in a food processor. You can chop it up, but it isn’t as uniform and tiny. So process it until it is small pellets.
- then in a large bowl mix the cauliflower with one egg a handful of cheese ( I used a mix of grated cheddar and parmesan), pepper and minced garlic (either used dried or lightly cook before adding to the mixture)
- on a baking sheet layer with wax paper and cooking spray
- layer the cauliflower layer thin on the baking sheet. it should be about a centimeter or less thin, otherwise it will take too long to cook.
- in a 400 degree oven, cook for about 15- 20 minutes until it starts to get golden. Flip it over an add your toppings. I went with cheese, fresh tomato and basil. but it could hold any flavor your put on top of it.
- bake for another 10-15 minutes so the cheese is melted and any toppings that need to cook have.
- then slice and enjoy!!