First off to my partner in crime for this Iron Chef Competition, Caroline Hurd, we had a lot of fun and made two awesome recipes! Now if the title didn’t make your mouth water, hopefully the pictures will! These are a fabulous dessert and just the croissants with nutella are good, but adding the banana caramel, well it may just be nutella’s new best friend. I know I sound like a broken record, but this recipe truly is incredibly easy! So give it a go, and if you bring these to a party, trust me, there will be nothing left!!
- croissant dough
- brown sugar
- white sugar
- Well the croissants are easy, fill with nutella and roll up and bake until golden brown. Yup, that step is done.
- Now the caramel takes some love and consideration. begin by melting about half a stick of butter in a pan. Then add half a cup of 1/4 cup white and 1/4 cup brown sugar to the melted butter and a splash of water
- constantly stir on medium low heat, once it is looking saucy add a sliced banana
- continue to cook, the sauce will reduce down and become more translucent and once it is at that point, it is done.
- lay a bed of the caramel and place your croissant on top! 5 steps to dessert happiness!
once again HUGE thanks to Caroline! She also was the master photographer that took all of these lovely pictures!!