Im not going to lie to you, sometimes recipes don’t work. When I began making this dish, I wasn’t intending on it to end up in a pudding state, but alas it did, and thats okay too! It tastes great! Sometimes looks don’t matter its mostly about taste, thats why you eat right?! So even though this wasn’t were I was intending to end up, I’m happy I did. This recipe is 1 healthy, 2 easy, and 3 versatile. I would also be temped to say that you could eat this for breakfast, its like granola, but better. So whenever you eat it, and how ever you make it, it will be good.
- cream cheese
- yogurt (if you want a thicker cheesecake, don’t include this… I think it was my mistake)
- brown and white sugar
- grape or any flavor jelly
- start by making the crust: spray a glass pan with pan spray
- pulverize some crackers so there is a few chunks but not much, then add some quick cook oats, using enough to make a thin layer on the bottom of the pan
- in a microwave safe bowl mix a tablespoon of brown sugar, 2 teaspoons white sugar, and 2 tablespoons butter. heat until melted. Then pour over the oats and cracker mixture. mix this around, making sure everything gets nice and wet. Then tightly pack it down.
- bake this crust for about 15 minutes at 350, or until the crust is dry and golden brown. let this cool.
- in a medium bowl mix half a block of cream cheese and two heaping spoonfuls of yogurt, and a splash of vanilla extract and just a bit of brown sugar. Blend this until it is a thick constancy (once again if you want it like actual cheesecake exclude the yogurt and substitute a little powdered sugar)
- put that in the fridge until you have to use it.
- slice up some strawberries, and set aside
- in a sauce pan melt some grape(or any flavor) jam. When it is a liquid you are ready to assemble.
- pour the cheesecake mixture over your crust, making sure the crust is cool.
- then layer on your sliced strawberries
- and finally drizzle your grape glaze over the whole pan. and voila, a quick and easy dessert that is guilt free!