First off, I apologize for the lack of a witty title; if anyone has a better idea, I’m open to options. But this recipe is so good it doesn’t need a quirky title. If you have ever been to Qdoba, this is my version of their naked burrito. It’s amazing; it’s so easy and so delicious. It’s pretty quick and has everything you need for a filling meal. Give it a go, and make it your own!
- instant rice
- black beans
- (ground beef, chicken, steak, any kind of protein you want)
- sour cream
- shredded cheese
For the pico de gallo:
- salt and pepper
- red onion
How to (the main bowl):
- if you have instant rice, follow the cooking directions, and when it’s almost done, throw in a heavy sprinkle of cilantro and squeeze the lime juice and throw in the whole piece of lime. let that sit while you prepare the rest.
- if you’re at home, and you have 100 spices, I suggest rinsing the black beans and cooking them on a stove top with cumin, paprika, chile powder and lime.
- if you’re at a dorm with nearly nothing, you can cook them on the microwave or stovetop with hot sauce, minced garlic and salt and pepper. cook and mash them up.
- assemble the bowl with rice on the bottom, then beans, then cheese, sour cream, lettuce and the salsa (all optional, and you can add more of your own creativity!)
For the salsa:
- mince tomatoes (use fresh) (this recipe is for 3 tomatoes)
- mince 1/4 of the onion
- use 1/2 the juice of a lime
- use a generous sprinkle of cilantro
- a dash of salt and pepper
- and a very small splash of red wine vinegar
- mix and enjoy! this salsa is amazing for any occasion!