Need something sweet? Well, this is the perfect recipe. With apple season about to be in full swing, everyone’s trying to stock up on recipes. This one needs 3 ingredients and won’t take long at all. It’s perfect for a quick dessert, and you can make it single serve or for a crowd.
The perfect portion for one person is one good sized apple.
- 1 Apple
- Brown Sugar
- First wash, peel and slice the apple
- start with just a small bit of butter and turn the pan onto medium
- let the apples sit just for a minute or two then add a tablespoon of brown sugar (you can add more or less depending on how sweet you like it) and a dash of cinnamon
- let cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes
- once the sauce begins to thicken add a large splash of water and let that reduce
- do this several times throughout the cooking process, this will cook your apples and create a light caramel sauce
- if you are impatient, like me, finish by cooking in the microwave on 30 second intervals.
- once the apples are nice and soft they are ready for a dollop of whip cream and for you to begin enjoying