I love tea. I love it hot, I love it cold, but the best way is sweet. Down south they know how to make sweet tea perfect, and since I cant travel to north carolina every time im thirsty ive created a recipe that is a fitting substitute. Its super easy and versatile, it can be fitted to accommodate any kind of tea or mood.
- tea(any kind of tea bag, classic blend usually works best) – at least 2 tea bags
- flavoring mint leaves, orange flavoring, or just plain
- boil water, add tea bags, and let steep for about 1/2 an hour, less if you use more than 2 tea bags
- in a sauce pan combine, 1 cup sugar and 1 cup water( it is always in a 1 to 1 ratio if you need to alter it to make more or less)
- add flavoring such as mint leaves or orange flavor
- cook on medium until all the sugar is melted, it will look like just water
- strain out any of the flavoring
- then pour into tea
- stir and serve over ice
- YUM! perfect for the warm weather coming out way!