It is an American classic; the apple pie. I love the cinnaminy goodness and all but to make it i would have to unroll the dough, cut a billion apples, and then id have a whole pie on my hands. Quicker, easier, and healthier dessert is baked apples. I takes all the loveable flavors of apple pie and puts it into a compact form.
- apples( big and red work best)
- ground cinnamon
- brown sugar
- grape or apple juice
- set your oven to 340
- peel the apples ( 1 per person)
- then core them, taking off the top and scooping deep enough just to get out the seeds. Cut off the bud at the bottom
- in a glass casserole dish place apples, then sprinkle the outside of the apples generously with cinnamon and a bit of white sugar. and get a little in the inside.
- then fill the dig out center with oatmeal and brown sugar, being generous with both. top with brown sugar as well
- fill the bottom of the pan with about 1 centimeter of water and a SPLASH of grape or apple juice. this will keep it moist and add fragrance
- then bake for about 20 to 25 minutes. until soft
- eat while hot!