Have you ever had a really good italian sub? I mean like can’t put it down until the whole 12 inches is gone good? If so it probably came from New Jersey or something with equally good quality. That kind of sub is really hard to replicate, but ill tell you a secret. It is easy as long as you have the good stuff, and the good stuff you need is flaky italian bread and quality italian cold cuts. After that it is easy to make just the kind of sub you want.
- loaf of italian bread
- capicola ham cold cut
- salami cold cut
- ham or turkey ( or both) cold cut
- lettuce (shredded)
- red wine vinegar and olive oil
- salt and pepper
- (optional) roasted red peppers, tomatoes, roasted eggplant, or any add ons you like
- cut loaf of italian bread to desired length then slice in half and place in the toaster for a light toast
- once our brush with olive oil and red wine vinegar
- sprinkle salt and pepper to taste
- then layer on the turkey, capicola, salami, cheese, lettuce, and onion.
- it easy and delicious you just have to have the right ingredients