Looking to clear some space in the fridge? Here’s two simple sandwich recipes for using up that leftover chicken.
The Spicy Way:
- cooked chicken (crispy, baked, any kind you have available)
- 2 tablespoons of hot/buffalo sauce
- 1 tablespoon of blue cheese dressing
- 1/2 tablespoon of mayo
- provolone cheese
- roll, flour tortilla, or white bread
- Slice cooked chicken
- Lightly toast the bread/roll. If using a tortilla, microwave it for 15 seconds until soft.
- To create the sauce: whisk together blue cheese, mayo and hot sauce until smooth and orange.
- Assemble the sandwich with lettuce, chicken, cheese, and then dressing over the top
- Enjoy your quick lunch!
The Herb-y Way:
- cooked chicken
- white onion
- balsamic or Italian dressing (my half and half recipe would be a fitting substitute)
- bread of your choosing
- Toast bread
- Slice chicken
- Slice up some white onion and lettuce
- Spread mayo over top piece of bread then drizzle with dressing
- Assemble the rest of the ingredients